Explore the Hidden Facts of Lakeland, Florida Before Purchasing Home in the Town

Lakeland is a small town in Florida that is thriving with fantastic opportunities. Situated between Tampa and Orlando, Lakeland is known for its charm and beautiful historical architecture. Florida State may be an expensive city because of its rich culture and job opportunities. However, suburban areas like Lakeland have affordable home prices, a growing job market with lots of Florida beaches and attractions nearby.

Wendy Morris Realty Lakeland Luxury Real Estate is known for providing the best homes and lands for sale in Lakeland, Winter Haven, Auburndale, Champions Gate, in Florida. The team updates the website with minute to minute information about the real estate market in Lakeland. Some people look for gated communities in Lakeland FL while some people look for individual houses near the lakeside, their website consists of various properties which can be sorted out depending on the type of property the customer is looking for.

Lakeland is known as a historic place because of various historical architectures like

  • Central Avenue School
  • Florida Southern College Architectural District
  • Henley Field
  • Oates Building
  • Polk Theatre and Office Building

Things to Know About Lakeland Town

There is a list of things for which Lakeland is famous. We have sorted out the most important things that you need to know about Lakeland before settling there –

  • Lakeland is known for its famous lakes like Lake Parker, Circle B Bar Reserve in Polk County, Lake Hollingsworth, etc. You don’t want to miss the sight of birds and different species of wildlife while enjoying fishing, boating, and walking down the trail.
  • The town is home to the largest collection of Frank Lloyd Wright architecture from all over the world. This collection is kept at Florida Southern College.
  • Lakeland is situated at the core of Florida which makes it convenient for residents and tourists to travel to all major attractions and vacation destinations nearby. While residing in Lakeland, you are saving your travel expenses to different vacation destinations during holidays.
  • People who love a serene environment should definitely decide to buy a house in Lakeland. 52% of the area is covered with single-family homes the remaining 48% is used for apartments and buildings.
  • Lakeland has various job opportunities even the nearby areas like Tampa, Orlando, and Miami have major job options. Commuting to these places is quite easy.
  • The average household income in Lakeland is $68,000 and the poverty rate is less than 17%.
  • Lakeland is surrounded by the best neighborhoods like
  • Beacon Hill
  • Southlake Morton
  • Raintree
  • Florida Southern College
  • Cleveland Heights Golf Course
  • New Jersey Road
  • Edgewood
  • Cleveland Heights
  • There are around 211 schools in Lakeland, 5 colleges, and 3 technical schools.
  • You can experience extremely hot weather from May to December. Sometimes, it also gets humid and you may experience unexpected rain most of the time.
  • There are various public transportation options available in Lakeland, but the majority of people are dependent on their cars to move around to different locations.

The best part of staying in Lakeland is that various major attractions are within the range of 50 miles. So, families, professionals, retirees, and kids have something to enjoy during weekends. Lakeland alone is known for fishing, boating, walking, or riding bikes on the lake trails.

August 30, 2021 admin